Veda is a Sanskrit word which means ‘Knowledge’. Vedic Mathematics is a collection of Techniques/Sutras to solve mathematical arithmetic in easy and faster manner. It consists of 16 Sutras (Formulae) and 13 sub-sutras (Sub Formulae) which can be used for solving mathematical problems in arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, conics etc. Solving problems using regular mathematical steps can, at times, become complex and time consuming. Using Vedic Mathematics’ General and Specific Techniques numerical calculations can be done very fast.
How this works?
Vedic Mathematics is the name given to the ancient system of Indian Mathematics which was rediscovered from the Vedas by Sri BharatiKrisnaTirthaji. According to his research all of mathematics is based on sixteen Sutras, or word-formulae. These formulae describe the way the mind naturally works and are therefore a great help in directing the student to the appropriate method of solution.
The most striking feature of the Vedic system is its coherence. The whole system is beautifully interrelated and unifiedwhich is very satisfying; it makes mathematics easy and enjoyable and encourages innovation.
Difficult problems or huge sums can often be solved immediately by the Vedic method. These methods are far more systematic than the modern system. Both the coherent and unified structure of Vedic mathematics and the methods used are complementary, direct and easy. The simplicity of Vedic Mathematics means that calculations can be done mentally. The flexibility and simplicity of the methods help students to invent their own methods instead of limiting themselves to the one “correct” method making them more creative and interested in learning.
- The most existing Benefits of Vedic Maths is its simplicity and integration of rule which sometimes looks like magic to the student, and it creates interest in student to learn math.
- This method saves a lot of time as it does not require remembering a large amount of stuff. Also, it helps in enabling faster calculations, unlike the other conventional methods.
- Vedic Mathematics Tricks is very useful in the aptitude section of the competitive exam.
- Problem-solving time would be reduced and also the dependence on the calculators will be cut down to zero.
- The major focus of Vedic math is on the mental calculations. This will further ease the learning process of Mathematics like never before.
- Vedic math also enhances and level up your creativity in the right direction which further helps in increasing the overall personality.
- It provides a set of the checking procedures for independent cross-checking of whatever we do. Also, the element of choice helps in developing the clarity of mind and intuition.
- The most cumbersome problem like Square, cube, Square root or Cubic root of the larger number can be solved mentally if you know Vedic mathematics.
Apart from the above Benefits of Vedic Maths, it will be useful to the student in every aspects of his life. Student will believe that “every problem has an easy solution”.